The National Association of Realtors 2013 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers is out and, as has been the trend year after year, people looking for a home are heavily using the Internet to search. Highlights regarding the tech trends of home buyers:
- 9 in 10 used the Internet at some point while looking for a home
- 56 percent started their home search online
- 43 percent found the home they ultimately bought online (edging out all other sources)
- 45 percent used a mobile or tablet device or application to look for a home
- 22 percent of mobile searchers found the home they ultimately purchased with a mobile app
via Tech Trends of Home Buyers and Sellers | realtor.org.