Google+ announced a few weeks ago its new feature, Collections. This surely is a sign that the social media platform is not going away any time soon.
For those who have a Google+ page already set-up, follow the quick and easy slideshow tutorial below to learn how to set up a Collection in minutes. If you want to learn how to set up a Google+ Business Page, read the post, How to Create a Google+ Business Page .
What are Collections?
Google+ Collections are a new feature that allows users to organize published posts into categories.
Why Should You Use Google+ Collections?
Collections are a great way to organize your posts, so visitors can visit the topics most relevant to their interests. And Older posts are not lost in a never-ending stream.
How to Create a Collection & Add Posts
- Let’s Get Started: Sign into Your Google+ Home Page
- From the drop-down menu at left, choose Collections
- Click on Create a Collection
- Name Your Collection. Choose Visibility, and Create
- Customize Your Collection
- Choose a Photo from the Gallery, or Add Your Own Photo. Choose a Color Theme. Save.
- Now You Can Add a New Post to Your Collection, or Add Past Posts.
- Click the Drop-Down Menu on a Existing Post, Choose “Move Post to Collection”
- Choose to Which Collection You Want to Move Your Post. Click on Move to Collection.
- Congrats! Your New Collection Has Its First Post!